Equity crowdfunding platform Seedrs has launched its first venture partner programme for investing in and supporting European startups and scaleups.
The programme will provide access to global deals through a collaboration with US fintech company Republic, which acquired Seedrs last year for £75m.
“We are creating something special – an active community of experienced investors and operators that will share ideas, opportunities, events and news that will support ambitious startups both inside and outside the Seedrs ecosystem,” said Jeff Kelisky, CEO, Seedrs.
Its first cohort includes Dan Murray-Serter, co-founder of brain care company Heights; Eduard Steimle, investor manager at Techstars; and Courtney Carlsson, founder and CEO of Paradym.
It also includes Yang Li, chief growth officer at London-based crypto exchange Ziplu, which is the subject of an acquisition by US retail investment app Robinhood.
The Seedrs venture partner programme is open to VCs, accelerators, ecosystem builders and entrepreneurs. Members of the cohort were chosen by Seedrs to encourage a “fairer, equitable and sustainable world”.
“Furthermore, the programme’s ability to connect members globally through the Seedrs/Republic partnership will open up new and unique funding opportunities in this challenging economic climate,” added Kelisky.
The Seedrs cohort members in full are:
- Yang Li – Chief growth officer, Ziglu.
- Adam Boita – Marketing experience for PlayStation, Absolut Vodka and Malibu.
- Susanne Chishti – CEO, FINTECH Circle.
- Steven Rimmer – Worked at insurance startups in the UK and South Africa.
- Henrik Wetter Sanchez – Founder, angel investor and investment banker.
- Avin Rabheru – Founder and CEO, Housekeep.com.
- Georgia Wright – Founder, Fancy.
- Jack Tang – CEO and co-founder, Urban.co.
- Hannah Forbes – Holds a PhD in crowdfunding.
- Brian Lucksinger – Project management expert.
- Julien Callede – Co-founder, Made.com.
Last week proptech startup Jarvo, self-described as the “Airbnb for work”, crowdfunded £360,000 on Seedrs.