Who we are
Want the latest news and information on UK tech? WE GOT IT. Need advice on how to grow your company? LOOK NO FURTHER. Looking to meet key players in the industry? WE CAN HELP!
About the tech industry, for the tech industry, UKTN is the ultimate resource for the latest UK tech news, views, information, data and events.
Where we’ve come from
UKTN started life as Tech City News, relaunching in 2017 with a fresh new look and a brand new name to better reflect and represent the market we cover and cater for.
Originally just focusing on emerging technology companies in London, we now cover developments in the tech industry across the whole of the UK.
Where we’re going
Whether you’re an entrepreneur with a bright idea, a scaleup about to raise your Series D funding or a fully-fledged tech unicorn, we stand shoulder to shoulder with startups and scaleups to provide the latest news, expert advice, inspiring stories and networking opportunities to help you grow and succeed.
Our vision is for the UKTN name to become synonymous with UK tech. We will continue to provide world-class content to become fully embedded in the scaleup journey. As part of our mission, we’re increasing the amount of industry expert-led content we produce. From tax to law and marketing to HR, UKTN is a trusted partner to educate, inform and inspire the next generation of tech titans.
What we do
Not only do we provide you with the latest news from the UK tech space - from recent investments to changes in policy - our close relationships with industry leaders and game-changers gives us the edge in publishing exclusive interviews with inspiring tech pioneers and producing events that bring the industry together and celebrate growth and innovation in UK tech. We produce:
What we cover
Want your company to feature on UKTN? Our editorial team are always open to receiving relevant, exciting industry stories. Here are some helpful guidelines to make sure your announcement fits the UKTN bill.
- Funding rounds
- Companies must be UK founded/headquartered
- Size of the round must be disclosed
- Investors must be disclosed
- Significant company expansions, eg firm opening another office overseas or elsewhere in the UK
- Mergers, acquisitions and IPOs involving UK tech firms
- Government/policy announcements that will have a direct impact upon the UK tech community
- We produce an article every Friday called Startup Weekly, which is a roundup of:
- UK tech accelerator programme launches/application openings/cohort announcements, etc
- UK tech startup awards and shortlists (if notable)
- UK tech startup competitions
- UK co-working space news
Top Tech Stats
We produce an article that goes live on a Saturday called Top Tech Stats, which is a roundup of the following:
- Research relating to the UK tech community. For example, stats on the rise of cyber attacks, consumer sentiment on challenger banks, the significance of company culture, post-Brexit sentiment, work/life balance, etc.
We do not cover
We do not cover:
- Tech startups that were not founded in the UK
- Company hires/appointments
- Company launches
- Product launches/updates