We’re pleased to announce the latest edition of Tech City News magazine is OUT NOW!
This issue focuses on the fascinating and ever-expanding world of virtual reality (VR).
On P28 you’ll find our roundtable discussion with some prominent figures in the VR space, including Shen Ye, a lead on HTC’s VR project Vive; and Dave Haynes, who is helping to head up Digital Catapult and Seedcamp’s VR- and AR-focussed startup programme Augmentor.
Turn to P32 and there’s an interview with Blippar COO Danny Lopez, who shares information on the company’s attempts to bring AR to the masses; while on P36 there’s a feature on the use of VR in healthcare.
In this issue, we also take a look at UK tech investment trends for Q1 2017, including which 10 firms raised the biggest rounds of the quarter (P8).
Top tech stats: Women’s lack of tech confidence, UK IoT consumption and more
Head to P22 and you’ll find out how company valuations are calculated, while P24 sees our resident industry experts share their advice on matters of employment, insurance and expenses.
Other features in this issue cover topics including Brighton’s tech scene, developments in blockchain technology and must-read books for entrepreneurs.
Startup Weekly: Elevator Pitch LIVE 2017 still accepting entries, Welsh govt offering innovation grant and more
- 8 Top 10 UK tech investments of Q1 2017
- 9 Top 3 investments of Q1 2017
- 12 UK tech investment trends of Q1 2017
- 15 Key tech facts and figures
- 16 2017 Spring Budget roundup
- 18 Tech around the world
- 22 Art and science: Creating company valuations
- 24 Startup Surgery =: Your employment, insurance and expenses questions answered
SPECIAL REPORT: VIRTUAL REALITY
- 28 Roundtable: The challenges and opportunities facing virtual reality
- 32 Blippar’s struggles to bring AR to the masses
- 34 Virtual reality and training
- 36 Treatment, training and therapy: VR in healthcare
40 Venture capital investment in VR and AR
- 42 Rising stars in VR
- 46 Augmenting the reality of financial services
- 48 The blockchain revolution is beginning to deliver
- 50 Elevator Pitch LIVE 2016 winners
- 56 The Download List
- 57 The Book List
- 58 The Film List
- 59 Tech: Flying the flag for globalisation
- 61 2016: A £6.8bn year for UK tech
- 64 Spotlight on … Tech in Brighton
- 66 60 Seconds With … Sarah Wood, co-founder of Unruly