University spinouts play an important role in the UK’s tech ecosystem. They bridge the gap between academia and entrepreneurship by translating research into viable business ventures.
The UK government has identified spinouts as a key component in its goal of making the UK a “science and technology superpower”.
But what makes a successful spinout? What does the journey from idea to exit look like? And what changes are being explored to spur greater innovation among university spinouts?
UKTN’s latest guide, which provide an overview of need-to-know UK tech topics, unpacks these themes and much more.
In this free-to-read guide, you will also get an overview of:
– Benefits and risks of taking the spinout route
– Successful spinout case studies
– Early-stage spinouts to watch
– Top university spinout creators
– Spinout investment considerations
– Advice for growing spinouts
Sponsored by HSBC Innovation Banking.