Total technology industry deals for April 2020 worth $34.4bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 33.8% over the previous month and a drop of 21.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $43.65bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 11.8% over the last 12-month average with 1308 deals against the average of 1483 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $26.56bn.
The top five technology deals accounted for 65.3% of the overall value during April 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $22.47bn, against the overall value of $34.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of April 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- General Atlantic Singapore Fund, Jinbo Yao, Ocean Link and Warburg Pincus Asia’s $13.99bn private equity deal with 58.com
- The $5.7bn acquisition of Jio Platforms by Facebook
- Macquarie Group’s $1.85bn acquisition of AirTrunk Operating
- The $600.77m asset transaction with NOS SGPS by Cellnex Telecom
- Aprogen KIC’s acquisition of Locojoy International for $336.9m.