The second wave of Future Fifty companies has been revealed, with retail dominating the list.
Tech City UK launched the programme in April along with the Chancellor George Osborne, and announced the first 25 companies in October.
Holly Tucker MBE, Co-founder and CEO of notonthehighstreet.com said:
We’re delighted notonthehighstreet.com has been selected as one of the Future Fifty by Tech City UK.
The business has seen phenomenal growth since its launch in 2006, doubling turnover year after year, and we look forward to maximising the future growth opportunities presented by being part of the Future Fifty programme.
‘Beyond a few startups’
The announcement coincides with a report on Tech City UK on its third anniversary.
Joanna Shields, CEO of Tech City UK and Ambassador for Digital Industries said:
The companies on the Future Fifty programme prove that we have moved beyond a few digital start-ups to nurturing world-class high growth businesses across many sectors
1. ACHICA, a leading online members-only store for luxury lifestyle products at discounted prices.
2. ao.com, the UK’s leading online retailer of major domestic appliances.
3. Chemist Direct, the UK’s leading online healthcare business providing a wide range of health and beauty products and services.
4. Datasift, the leading global social data platform enabling companies to aggregate, filter and extract valuable insights from multiple social media and other online sources which on Tuesday announced a $42m investment round led by Insight Venture Partners.
5. eCommera, a leading provider of big data and commerce platforms enabling retailers to manage and optimise their multi-channel commerce activities.
6. eToro, the global social investment network enabling users to see, follow and automatically copy the investments of other users in the network.
7. Funding Circle, the world’s leading online marketplace directly connecting investors looking to lend to small businesses.
8. Global Personals, a leading digital online gaming and dating company, including brands such as JustSingles.com, WhiteLabelDating.com and SmoochBingo.co.uk.
9. Graze, revolutionising the healthy snacking industry by leveraging its online platform and proprietary technology.
10. Masternaut, a leading provider of SaaS based vehicle tracking and workforce management solutions.
11. MATCHESFASHION.COM, the unique omni-channel luxury fashion retailer servicing the global market with over 400 of the best international labels across womenswear and menswear.
12. MedicAnimal, an online retailer of food, medicines and accessories for animals.
13. MODE, an innovative finance company using technology to enable instant nano credits for pre-paid mobile users in emerging markets.
14. MOO.COM, a leading provider of online platform and tools for businesses wanting to create high quality print products.
15. MyOptique, a leading online retailer for prescription glasses (Glasses Direct), sunglasses (SunglassesShop) and contact lenses (LensOn), revolutionising Europe’s £20bn optical industry.
16. Naked Wines, a customer-funded wine business which invests in independent winemakers from around the world, in return for exclusive wines at wholesale prices – which it passes back to its customers.
17. Nomad Digital, the leading global provider of wireless solutions to the transportation sector.
18. Notonthehighstreet.com, an online marketplace bringing together 4,000 creative small businesses offering more than 100,000 unique, original products to customers globally.
19. PhotoBox, Europe’s leading digital consumer service for personalised products and gifts through its PhotoBox, Moonpig.com, StickyGram and PaperShaker brands.
20. SecretSales.com, the UK’s most loved discounted designer brands online retailer.
21. Shazam, the world’s leading media engagement company enabling over 400 million users in over 200 countries to discover, explore, buy, and share music, TV shows and branded content.
22. Small World Financial Services, Europe’s largest and most trusted payments services provider offering a secure, fast and inexpensive way to send and receive money across the globe.
23. SwiftKey, provider of award-winning keyboard app powering multiple smartphone and tablets through its world-class language prediction technology
24. Unruly, a leading marketing technology platform which works with top global brands and their agencies, transforming branded videos into viral hits.
25. WorldStores, the UK’s leading online home and garden retailer.