A common issue experienced by budding techpreneurs is that they have many meetings with prospective clients, get great feedback on their offering however the sale never actually materialises.
This is generally a symptom of other problems encountered throughout the tech sales process.
Often the most common problems can be failing to agree next actions.
Every communication activity with a prospect, whether it be a telephone call, email, proposal or meeting, should end with an agreed next action.
Examples of agreed actions may include:
- 2nd meeting on XX date
- Webinar with a pre sales consultant on XX date
- Agree to send a case study
- Agree to a reference site call on a set date
- Send a proposal by XX date
- Client to send a confirmation of scope by a set date
It is vital to set timescales for the vast majority of business development related activities.
Without a set date, the actions are merely a wish list and have no sense of urgency.