Total technology industry M&A deals in December 2019 worth $817.7m were announced in the UK, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 679.5% over the previous month and a drop of 21.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.04bn.
The UK held a 4.8% share of the global technology industry M&A deal value that totalled $17.03bn in December 2019.
In terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 42 deals during December 2019, marking a decrease of 10.6% over the previous month and a rise of 5% over the 12-month average.
The top five technology industry M&A deals accounted for 98.4% of the overall value during December 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology M&A deals stood at $804.86m, against the overall value of $817.7m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of December 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners’ $506.63m acquisition of Wireless Infrastructure Group
- The $129.93m acquisition of Zynstra by NCR
- GCI Network Solutions’ $106.83m acquisition of Nasstar
- The $43.05m acquisition of MARCO by ATS Automation Tooling Systems
- SmartWater Technology’s acquisition of Perimeter Intruder Detection for $18.43m.