Press ContactLorna O'Neil
Trainline, Europe’s leading independent train ticket retailer, has launched business profiles in its app for the first time as part of its ongoing drive to make train travel easier for business travellers.
The new business profile feature will allow train travellers to separate business and leisure travel accounts with just one tap. By creating a business profile in the App, business travellers can bill business trips to a corporate account or company credit card and ensure digital receipts are sent direct to a work email.
The Trainline app has a host of features designed to make train travel easy including access to mobile tickets to avoid station queues, live journey updates and one click refunds if things don’t go quite to plan.
In addition, a new SME web portal is launching for employers who can set up an account, invite employees and manage all business travel in one place.
Sophie Krishnan, General Manager Business and Ancillary at Trainline said: “Trainline has been continuously investing in its App over the last couple of years. It’s now a terrific product in the hands of travellers. We know a third of our leisure customers are using our App for business travel, so making an in-app business profile available to users was the next logical step. Combined with Trainline’s new web portal for business, it should make the lives of business travellers and bookers a lot easier.”
BUSINESS APP PROFILES: FEATURES
1. Profile set up in the App
Invited by employer to create a business profile: An email invitation is received to join a company account, the employee can then download the Trainline App, add a business profile with a work email address and attach it to their company account.
Independent business traveller: No company account? Simply download the Trainline App and set up a profile with a work email address and payment method. Work and leisure profiles are then completely separate.
2. One stop shop Trainline brings together fares from all UK train companies in one place so business travellers can easily compare and be confident they’re spending smartly.
3. Mobile tickets are now available in the App for business travel on all available UK routes, saving time queuing to collect tickets at the machine or time and hassle printing at the office.
4. Charge a work card no more spending on a personal card for work trips
5. Being in control every time, on the go, by giving platform numbers, real time journey information or helping find the best seat on the train.
6. Send expense receipt feature allows digital receipts be sent directly to the employer or, expense provider (Concur & Expensify).
7. One click refunds means it has never been easier to process changes or refunds if plans change.
The new Trainline SME tool is available now. Simply visit www.sme.thetrainline.com for more information for smarter management, booking and savings. Download the Trainline App now to create a separate business profile to leisure.
Trainline is Europe’s leading independent retailer of train tickets. We sell tickets worldwide on behalf of 44 train companies, helping our customers make more than 100,000 smarter journeys every single day in and across 24 countries. We are a one-stop shop for train travel, bringing together all major train companies onto one platform and providing our customers with a complete set of travel options. We make it easy for our customers to find the best price for their journey.
Trainline for Business provides rail booking solutions for large corporate entities, SMEs and Travel Management Companies, offering self-service & account managed products. Business travellers can save an average of 38% by booking in advance with Trainline for Business versus on the day of travel.