Hiring ManagerChristina Papadamou
UKTN is looking for a talented journalism graduate to join the team as Junior Reporter.
UKTN is a London-based online publication, covering developments in the UK technology space.
We started life in 2013 as Tech City News, but relaunched in 2017 with a fresh new look and a brand new name to better reflect and represent the market we cover and cater for.
Originally just focusing on emerging technology companies in London, we now cover developments in the tech industry across the whole of the UK.
Not only do we provide the latest news from the UK tech space – from recent investments to changes in policy – our close relationships with industry leaders and game-changers gives us the edge in publishing exclusive interviews with inspiring tech pioneers and producing events that bring the industry together and celebrate growth and innovation in UK tech.
UKTN is seeking a Junior Reporter to join its small editorial team and provide compelling news and features about the field of UK technology. The successful candidate will be expected to file a combination of original off-diary and independent industry news, features and interviews for a knowledgeable professional audience.
This is an ideal opportunity for a talented journalist seeking to further build their career and expertise in an exciting sector. You should have a passion for online news and crafting compelling, jargon-free copy.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Writing daily news stories
- Writing well-researched features that are optimised for SEO
- Interviewing startup founders, entrepreneurs, investors and key industry figures
- Social media management
- Managing events section, plus further admin tasks
- Uploading guest posts
- Assisting with video work
- Developing a strong knowledge of the UK tech sector
- Working closely with team members to support the editorial, events and sales staff on their projects
- Representing UKTN at press conferences and industry events
Skills and qualifications:
- Journalism degree
- Nose for a good story
- Enthusiasm about technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- A high level of organisation, time management and attention to detail
- Flexibility: ability to adapt to change
- Tenacity and natural problem solver
- Team player
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience with CMS (WordPress)
- Use of Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook to drive traffic
- Google Analytics